Welcome to the second Analytics and Digital Marketing Summit & Student Competition (ADMSSC 2018) at USM! This experience is like no other and can become one of the most meaningful activities of your college career. Participating in this competition can expand your career network and increase your social marketing job skills. Students from marketing majors will build up teams with other students from outside of the Marketing Major and work with local companies or organizations to help create a digitally focused integrated marketing campaign. Students will need to think creatively and analytically to create an interesting and impactful integrated digital marketing campaign.
Each team participating in the Digital Marketing track will identify a business as its digital marketing consulting client. Online resources for client search are listed as the following:
(1) Portland commerce member list: http://web.portlandregion.com/search
(2) Westbrook & Gorham commerce member list: www.portlandregion.com/westbrook--gorham.html
(3) Gorham Business Exchange: www.gorhambusiness.org/
1. Digital Marketing Analytics Components (recommended)
The final Digital Marketing Analytics Project typically includes the following recommended framework:
(1) Client Brief (keep this part short, 5%): Provide an overview of your client’s business and a brief discussion of its overall marketing strategies. What product/service does this business offer? What is the target market? Who are major competitors? What is the business’s positioning?
(2) Digital Marketing Situation Analysis (5%): What are targeted consumers’ digital behaviors and needs? What is your client’s digital marketing presence? What are its competitors’ digital marketing presences?
(3) Goals and Strategies (5%): Propose the strategic goals of your digital marketing plan; Develop a list of keywords that can be used in your digital marketing efforts; Choose which strategies to achieve the goals and develop specific approaches for the chosen strategies.
(4) Implementation: You provide a tool specific tactics for the implantation of your digital marketing strategies. What are specific tactics of using search engine marketing, social media marketing, and on-line display advertising?
(5) Measurement and Tuning: You select tools to track, measure, and evaluate your digital marketing activities. What are key performance indicators for your measurement against your strategic goals? What is the relationship between social media activities and market performance? How are you going to tune up your digital marketing plan based on analysis of your experimental efforts?
A panel of industry and academic expert/s will judge the oral presentations of the projects based on the excution and optimization of the digital marketing campaigns.
The competition recognizes participants use contemprorary digital marketing skills to plan and develop an customized digital marketing campaign to meet the needs of a competitive market. Winners will be announced and recognized at the conference on April 27th.